Amazon

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Iloilo City - Home away from Home

Blame my memory gap but the long ride that I made away from home that I remember is going to Iloilo City... I think we were going to have a district convention and I was so excited that for the first time I get to travel 97 kilometers away from home.

It would have come in handy if I had google maps then, just like this one: http://www.mapmonde.org/asia/philippines/province-of-antique/

Days before my first ever travel, the road beyond the bend was just a mystery... I dont know what it entails... visions of panoramic scale... grand vistas and princess-like hideaways keep me daydreaming. Standing on the bus, my mom was losing patience telling me to sit down. I was just in pre school that time but my mind is ready to make new maps... opening my eyes to all new things.

One thing surprised my mom in a good way- I don't puke my guts on travel. It might be because even before I knew that water and bread crackers is a good way to prevent sea sickness or bus "biyahilo", that's my snack that I brought from home. Way back then, the two hour travel that we enjoy right now in an L300 bus was an energy busting 3 to 4 hours bus ride. The main contributor to that long hour stretch is the 30 minutes stop over of the bus driver in his selected place of restaurant where he can get free food. :) And oh, let's not forget that stopover for buying that sweet peanut brittle too. A delicacy that we can buy from the mountain tops.

Now, the city is bustling with people and food. You can check out their website: http://iloilocity.gov.ph/iloiloct2011wip/

No comments:

Post a Comment